Re: Ctrl-c { behaviour changed in tex mode]

From: hector
Subject: Re: Ctrl-c { behaviour changed in tex mode]
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 12:35:58 +0200

On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 11:07:33PM +0000, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> In tex mode Ctrl-c { used to put a pair of {} around the cursor, making
> it ready to write in between the braces.
>
> After a recent update, Ctrl-c { still introduces a pair of {} but if
> inside that I do another Ctrl-c { then it introduces a newline too, like
> this:
>
> \sqrt{\hat{}
>   }
>
> i.e. the outer most closing brace goes on to the next line. That's very
> annoying. Where do I customize Ctrl-c back to how it used to be?

I don't know because I'm using an old version. The great thing about Emacs
is that if you can't customize it using variables, you can always go to
the source.

Since my version is old I'm just guessing.

I see that it runs the command tex-insert-braces. Try that command
with M-x tex-insert-braces in case the binding has been changed.

You can see the definition with "C-hf" (describe-function) and visit
the source.