Sunrise Commander: sunrise-cd doesn't work with (setq sr-window-split-st

From: John Magolske
Subject: Sunrise Commander: sunrise-cd doesn't work with (setq sr-window-split-style 'top)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 01:23:43 -0800

Hi,

I'm acquainting myself with Sunrise Commander -- very nice file
manager! In trying to get a single-pane view, I set this:

    (setq sr-window-split-style 'top)

which does what I've like, allowing Sunrise Commander to launch
with a single pane rather that the standard two-pane view visible
when sr-window-split-style is set to horizontal or vertical.

However, when launching with sunrise-cd, the file displayed in the
current buffer does not come up in focus (going instead to the default
$HOME) as it does when sr-window-split-style is set to horizontal
or vertical. Any ideas as to why? I must admit I don't entirely
understand what the 'top setting does here... I do notice there's this
message when launching sunrise with sr-window-split-style set to 'top:

    (wrong-type-argument window-live-p nil) in ad-Advice-select-window

TIA for any suggestions,

John

--
John Magolske