RE: systemd @ in filenames not supported by thing-at-point

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: systemd @ in filenames not supported by thing-at-point
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 23:43:05 -0700 (PDT)

> > Looking at the code, it shouldn't break
> > anything. What's more, I'd say that this
> > variable should be a user option. For one
> > thing, that would make clear to users that it
> > won't break anything to change the value. ;-)
>
> ... what do you mean?

It won't break anything to change the value.

Using a value that doesn't get you the filename syntax
you want is not breaking anything.  Use whatever string
you want - you won't break anything (AFAICT).  Whether
a given string gives you the filename-grabbing behavior
you want/need is another story.

You had already determined that your change gave you
the filename-recognizing behavior you wanted.  Your
question was whether making that change might break
something.  My answer was that it doesn't look like it.
It is used only right there.  I don't see any other code
that depends on that variable value.  That variable is
used only to pick up a filename at point.  You cannot
break anything (AFAICT) by changing it to recognize
something different - another sort of filename or the
name of your uncle.