Re: Reply to list [was: Different key maps in different dired buffers]

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: Reply to list [was: Different key maps in different dired buffers]
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 14:00:48 +0300

>> By the way, so far as we are discussing
>> techniques of using mailing lists, let me
>> turn your attention, that your messages are
>> systematically appear in ‘gmane.emacs.help’
>> as replies to non-existent messages, thus
>> breaking the tree. That might be some bug of
>> Gmane, of course, however the archive of GNU
>> Mailman [0] shares this views.
>
> No, that was the case with the "Gnus IMAP
> groups appear twice" issue, right?
> Or does it happen all the time?

>From time to time, but quite often.

> For example, does it happen now?

Yes, it actually does.  You could check it by yourself with a help of
Gmane’s web-interface [0], where this message is shown on the top level
(not belonging to any thread); or GNU Mailman archive [1], which seems
to be smarter as it can associate this message with the right thread,
but shows ‘Message not available’ as its parent; or (I believe) with a
fresh Gnus instance [3].

[0] http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.help
[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2016-06/threads.html
[2] $ HOME='/tmp' NNTPSERVER='news.gmane.org' emacs --eval '(gnus)'