Re: Runtime package dependencies and compilation order

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Runtime package dependencies and compilation order
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 17:32:21 +0200

Boris <d12frosted@gmail.com> writes:

>> Is this an exclusive "or"? If not, why not
>> just depend on B _and_ C?
>
> It's not exclusive, it's disjunction. I don't
> want to depend on both of them because they
> are huge. And some people would not like
> having orphan package to be installed
> as dependency.

C'mon, how big can they be?

Also, if you put a switch into A to toggle
between B and C mode, it doesn't count as an
"orphan package" just because it isn't selected
by default!

Even in vanilla Emacs, there are tons of stuff
I never use and never will use, and that never
bothered me at all.

Stuff that are unused are only annoying if it
is visible!

                   - so far: 42 Blogomatic articles -