Re: gdb debug core file?

From: stanton arch
Subject: Re: gdb debug core file?
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 10:49:51 -0400

The program I was trying to debug is threaded, and I found that if I
do an "info threads" inside of gdb then I can't view the backtrace of
the corefile anymore, even running outside of emacs:

 Program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
 #0  0xbb1bfed7 in _lwp_kill () from /usr/lib/libc.so.12
 (gdb) info threads
 No threads.
 (gdb) bt
 Invalid selected thread.
 (gdb)

So I guess that is what the emacs gdb interface is doing and there is
some bug in gdb.  I also tried viewing switching proc, thread, and
inferior to no avail.

My workaround was to put an abort() call somewhere in program being
debugged, and then run gdb/emacs interface which allows me to inspect
aborted program.

Thanks