Re: Password prompt inside Emacs with epg-gpg-program -> "gpg2"?

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Re: Password prompt inside Emacs with epg-gpg-program -> "gpg2"?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:15:35 +0100

> since some days ago, epg-gpg-program defaults to gpg2 (when installed)
> in emacs-25.
>
> With that new default, when Gnus tries to open my "~/.authinfo.gpg", I'm
> prompted for its password in a separate popup (X) window.

While on the subject, is there any way to tell Emacs to "inject" the related
file name into that popup, or even in the minibuffer password prompt?

I often use the desktop.el facility: it may happen that I have several
gpg-encoded files open at the same time, and when restarting the Emacs session
I was prompted for a keyword for each of them, and it's been a challenge to
blindly insert the right one, having no hint about which file was being open.

Thank you,
ciao, lele.
lele@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.