Re: aggressive-indent-mode freezes

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: aggressive-indent-mode freezes
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 23:18:56 +1100

Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> writes:

I've tried to run it against loaddefs.el (around 31k lines) and it works fine, so maybe it is a problem of the language (php) it tries to indent? Running on a php file it takes around 3 seconds to return responsive, even with electric indent mode disabled. I've also tried to disable other minor modes I use like flymake, yas, hs but nothing changed.

Fair enough.

i don't work much with PHP, so i just downloaded the source of WordPress and searched for the longest file, which turned out to be wp-includes/class-wp-xmlrpc-server.php, with ~6.5k lines. Again, editing didn't result in any appreciable lag. (The lag was certainly less than with org.el, which is not surprising, given org.el is three times larger.)

Can you try running `emacs -Q`, loading aggressive-indent manually, and then check if you still observe the significant lag?

Alexis.