Re: 64 bit official Windows builds

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: 64 bit official Windows builds
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 14:38:38 -0800 (PST)

On Friday, 25 December 2015 07:35:25 UTC, Eli Zaretskii  wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 15:01:53 -0800 (PST)
> > From: Sam Halliday <sam.halliday@gmail.com>
> >
> > Are there any plans for GNU to create official 64 bit builds of
> > Emacs releases?
>
> this simply needs a volunteer who'd be prepared to
> produce the binaries, package them in a compressed archive, set up
> uploading rights to the GNU servers, and upload the stuff whenever a
> new release is out.

I'm happy (this is a relative term when Windoze is involved) to create the
builds. I have a virtual Windows image that I use for testing. Can somebody
please point me at the exact instructions that I need to follow? Most of my
computing experience is with GNU/Linux, so knowing exactly how to set up the
build environment would be useful, although I can fumble my way to getting the
GNU chain installed, I'm sure.

Incidentally, http://www.appveyor.com/ can be used in continuous integration
for testing on Windows. I use it in my free software projects and its a real
time saver. If GNU Emacs was hosted on github it would be possible to trigger a
Windows test on every push to master (this might be possible as a mirror). I
use a combination of appveyor and a self-hosted https://github.com/drone/drone/
to test, build and deploy our continual delivery releases for all major
platforms.

So, ideally, I'd like to get the GNU Emacs windows builds running off an
appveyor script so it should work with the click of a button.