Re: inhibit-message, "Beginning of buffer" / "End of buffer" messages

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: inhibit-message, "Beginning of buffer" / "End of buffer" messages
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 21:42:17 +0100

John Magolske <listmail@b79.net> writes:

> I'd like to suppress the "Beginning of buffer" /
> "End of buffer" messages that show up when the
> cursor in the minibuffer is moved all the way to the
> left & all the way to the right. It seems that
> setting "inhibit-message" might take care of this,
> but I'm having no luck with entries like this in my
> init.el :
>
>     (setq inhibit-message t)
>
> ...the "Beginning of buffer" / "End of buffer"
> messages still show up.

Use the Elisp in this file:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/error.el

Then modify the data of this data structure to fit
your needs (the errors you mention are already in it):

    (setq debug-ignored-errors
          '(quit
            beginning-of-line    end-of-line
            beginning-of-buffer  end-of-buffer
            end-of-file
            buffer-read-only
            file-supersession) )

And: Mary X-mas to Elisp X-men hackers all across
the universe!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573