Re: pYthon indentation

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: pYthon indentation
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:20:36 -0400

rjd <ryan.dixon@etas.com> writes:

> I have discovered an issue with python-mode in emacs. I generally c++
> For me, unfortunately, 6.2.1 solves one issue but creates others.
>
> If, instead, I can just have the patch that solves the indentation issue,
> that would be great.

There are two competing python modes for emacs, python-mode.el (which is
what you are talking about IIUC) and python.el which comes with the
emacs distro. I was using python-mode.el for a while and I always seemed
to have small annoyances crop up at a regular rate (although I must
admit, I never did much to improve the situation: they usually cropped
up when I was under time pressure, so I would just bulldoze my way
through - by the time I *could* do something about it, I had forgotten
what the annoyance was - until the next time something bit me...)

So at some point, I chucked it and started using the built-in python.el.
I'm sure it too has its share of faults, but so far at least (I've been
using it for the past year or so), I don't remember being really annoyed
with it, so I'm sticking with it.

My 2 cents and of course, YMMV.
--
Nick