.emacs not loading libraries

From: Mart van de Wege
Subject: .emacs not loading libraries
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 14:58:02 +0200

Hi,

I've installed a bunch of libraries from elpa, and I found at least one
of them is not available unless I do an explicit M-x load-library

Now, I thought to add that to my .emacs, but neither (load-library
"org-alert") nor (require 'org-alert) works. What am I doing wrong?

.emacs.d/elpa/ is in my load-path.

Regards,

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.