Re: How to install several Emacs versions on the same system?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to install several Emacs versions on the same system?
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 02:07:29 +0200

> I'm on GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1, but I'd like to have an
> older Emacs installed, too. What is the fastest way
> to achive that? (I would prefer to compile from
> source - I have the Git repository anyway, though
> only shallow clone, but I can clone the whole
> thing, too.)

Generally speaking use your distro's package manager,
but as you say you want to compile it from the source,
then the answer is, get the source, and compile it.
Are you afraid the compilation process will mess up
the other version(s)? That shouldn't happen.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573