RE: One-off history for read-string

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: One-off history for read-string
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 10:04:23 -0700 (PDT)

> what are
> "nested minibuffers" and where can I read about them?  In my Emacs, when
> I try to issue a command which needs minibuffer while I'm in
> a minibuffer, I get the message "Command attempted to use minibuffer
> while in minibuffer".

You can do (setq enable-recursive-minibuffers  t), to see the
effect.

More likely, it can be bound to non-nil by a command.  For example,
if a command that uses the minibuffer wants to let you use a key
that is bound to another command that uses the minibuffer, then
the first command can bind `enable-recursive-minibuffers' to `t'.