Re: emacs reftex hangs up while Scanning bibliography database

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: emacs reftex hangs up while Scanning bibliography database
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 16:04:51 +0200

schury.michael@googlemail.com writes:

Hi!

> 2. Open a .tex file and press C-c [ ^M and enter b*.
>
> Now emacs shows the message:
>
> Scanning bibliography database socbib-pandoc.bib
>
> No emacs hangs up. Does anyone have an idea why ?

Yes, the b* is interpreted as a regular expression, and the search for
matching entries is done using it.  The problem here is that this
regular expression matches the empty string because it means "b zero or
many times".  Thus, the search doesn't move forward.

I'll add a check for that so that you get an error when trying to use
such an invalid regular expression.