Re: member returns list

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: member returns list
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 01:56:23 +0200

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@informatimago.com>
writes:

>>> Also, I didn't show the transitivities, but: No
>>> Smalltalk -> no Objective-C -> no NeXTSTEP No Lisp
>>> -> no Interface Builder -> no NeXTSTEP No NeXTSTEP
>>> -> no MacOSX -> no iOS -> no iPad/iPhone.
>>>
>> If I ever get my time machine going, first thing
>> after spending a decade in the 90s' Ibiza listening
>> to eurodisco and dropping E, remind me to go back
>> to 1969 and terminate Alan Kay. Or better yet,
>> I can just bring an iPhone and he'll probably grab
>> for the revolver himself!
>
> You are definitely crazy.

My people were once travellers and warriors. In yet
another era, we had an industrial capacity in parity
with the superpowers, and a super-educated workforce.
Now, people don't know jack about anything and they
don't even know what goes on half a meter to their
sides as they are enslaved by those one million times
accursed iThings. Physically and mentally those have
been a disaster to millions all over the world.
What Lisp has to do with them is beyond me as Lisp is
the most advanced programming language which implies
limitless creativity, whereas the iThings are very
dangerous toys that have already enslaved millions of
supposedly "adults" as well. Whenever I encounter old
people I see this very clearly - the difference in
posture, knowledge, skill, literacy, awareness,
self-confidence - it is just huge. Of course, there
were no iThings in their youths and adult lives so
they hade to take part in real activity, solve real
problems, communicate with real people, develop real
skills, and so on - every day. The people today who
never did any of that - well, it shows!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573