Re: How to quote a list of functions?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to quote a list of functions?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 17:58:56 +0200

>>> functions should be quoted with sharp-quote and not
>>> just regular quote, i.e., #'my-function and not
>>> 'my-function.
>>
>> Why?
>
> See other answers and/or the linked blog post.

If you say something is absolutely so it is not too
much asked if you yourself is able to explain why this
is in a couple of sentences.

Anyway, I just tried it in one case - as I have
hundreds of 'functions none of which are
#'sharp-quoted.

It was - and now is, again - like this:

    (defun set-pane-scroll-keys (map)
      "Set MAP keys for vertical scrolling in panes."
      (define-key map "I" 'scroll-up-pane)
      (define-key map "K" 'scroll-down-pane) )

However, changing it to sharp quotes doesn't seem to be
anything a sharp programmer would do, as it results in
the following compile warning:

    In end of data:
    global-keys.el:170:1:Warning: the following functions
        are not known to be defined: scroll-up-pane,
        scroll-down-pane

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573