Re: How to quote a list of functions?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: How to quote a list of functions?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 12:47:16 +0200

On 2015-08-09, at 12:26, Pascal J. Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> writes:

>>>   `((,(function f) ,(gen 42)))
>>
>> What do you mean by `gen'?  My Emacs (25.0.50.1) doesn't have such
>> a function.
>
> Why do I mean by f?

OK, but (AFAIUC) in the above form `function' gets evaluated (so that
the symbol `f' -- the function name -- ends up in the list), and then
Emacs tries to /evaluate/ the form `(gen 42)'.  This probably fooled me
(again).  Do I get it right that you wanted to show how to generate the
argument dynamically and not put a constant in the whole expression?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University