Font-lock in a comint derived mode

From: Björn Lindqvist
Subject: Font-lock in a comint derived mode
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 11:48:10 +0200

Hi!

I wonder if there is some guidelines on how to make font-lock and a
comint interpreter work smoothly together? Or if there is any existing
3rd party mode in which those two features of Emacs are combined and
which I can look at? Why doesn't regular font-locking "just, work"?
Because I wan't to highlight strings, so if the inferior process
outputs {"hi":"there"} those two string literals should be in color.
But then, if you have the following conversation:

>>> print "stray\""
stray"

then font-lock thinks there is an unterminated string and everything
will be font-locked in the string face. Maybe there is a way to stop
font-lock from "running through" the interpreter prompts?

--
mvh/best regards Björn Lindqvist