Re: execute defun on reception of signal

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: execute defun on reception of signal
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 08:25:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 3:52:47 AM UTC+5:30, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> "Pascal J. Bourguignon"
> writes:
>
> >> OK, but it is here as well: letrec is a Lisp macro
> >> in `subr.el'.
> >
> > Ain't emacs nice?!
> >
> > I've never seen or tried that :-)
>
> Cred to Rusi, not me, for finding

Cred?!?!
You just have to give me points and we are with the full ridiculousness
of SO.
Anyhow... The `cred' for letrec is Fillip Gunbin in "lacks a prefix" thread.

Personally Ive been brought up to be suspicious of letrec in non-lazy languages:

*** Welcome to IELM ***  Type (describe-mode) for help.
ELISP> (letrec ((x (cons 1 x))) x)
(1)