Re: correcting word groups (general spelling question)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: correcting word groups (general spelling question)
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 00:47:37 +0200

John Mastro <john.b.mastro@gmail.com> writes:

> That gives me an error ("matching region not
> found"), but these two seem to work as intended
> (after, admittedly, very little testing).

Indeed, I forgot, I have since long disabled the popup
debugger so for me that error was logged in the
background. It is a good way to deal with errors by
the way...

But of course it works, because the principle
is clear.

Perhaps this is not so stupid after all. Because if
(when) it works it is a small thing to set up an
interface to just boost such exceptions. I don't know
how many there are, but in some strange contexts where
the whitelisted combinations contain words that are
very similar to ordinary words - why not?

Try this:

    (setq ispell-skip-region-alist
          (append ispell-skip-region-alist '(("Hello Kitteh" . "[:word:]") )))

Hello Kitteh.

Hello James.Noq I'm misspelling both "now" and
kitten: kitteh. Will it ignore Hello Kitteh, but still
get the two misspellings?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573