Re: Update `minibuffer-line' on buffer switches

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Update `minibuffer-line' on buffer switches
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:15:54 +0200

> Would `window-configuration-change-hook' work in case when a buffer is
> switched in-place (i.e. all windows stay intact and the selected window is
> not changed but only the displayed buffer inside this window is switched)?

 -- Variable: window-configuration-change-hook
     A normal hook that is run every time you change the window
     configuration of an existing frame.  This includes splitting or
     deleting windows, changing the sizes of windows, or displaying a
                                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^
     different buffer in a window.
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> ​To be honest it's not the first time that I find myself in a situation
> when I simply need to hook the event of buffer (focus) switching and/or
> window (focus) switching​, etc.

 -- Variable: buffer-list-update-hook
     This is a normal hook run whenever the buffer list changes.
     Functions (implicitly) running this hook are `get-buffer-create'
     (*note Creating Buffers::), `rename-buffer' (*note Buffer Names::),
     `kill-buffer' (*note Killing Buffers::), `bury-buffer' (see above)
     and `select-window' (*note Selecting Windows::).

martin