Re: post-self-insert-hook being reset?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: post-self-insert-hook being reset?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 13:15:19 -0400

> There are a class of hooks (post-command-hook, after-change-functions)
> that nil themselves on error.

Actually, these have been refined since to only remove the offending
function rather than set themselves straight to nil.
And they emit a warning when that happens.

> I guess post-self-insert-hook  is one of these.

That was a good guess, but:

   src/cmds.c:  run_hook (Qpost_self_insert_hook);

so, no, it's run "in the normal way".  'Must be something else.

        Stefan