Re: Defining functions on the fly

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Defining functions on the fly
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 18:23:43 -0400

> Currently Emacs provides some scheme to fontify source code and some basic
> moves: linewise, symbol, word, paragraph, sexp.
> There is no idea of statement, block/loop or expression and a poor
> top-level --beginning/end-of-defun.

Since we don't need to define functions dynamically for "linewise,
symbol, word, paragraph, sexp", I don't see how "statement, block/loop
or expression and a poor top-level --beginning/end-of-defun" would
require dynamic definition of functions.
IOW, I still don't really see what you're trying to do.

        Stefan

BTW: For languages that use SMIE, the sexp movement typically moves by
statement/subexpressions.