Re: Uniform font size for English and Tamil text inside GNU Emacs

From: Richard Wordingham
Subject: Re: Uniform font size for English and Tamil text inside GNU Emacs
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 10:14:56 +0100

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015 23:40:27 +0530
Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to get both the language font texts to be of the same
> size, or, is there a way to explicitly set the font size for the Tamil
> text?

I don't know about automatic matching, especially as not all fonts are
in a TrueType derivative, but explicit sizing can be done by commands
such as the following I used to get the Khmer script working better:

; Correct the script definition in Emacs 23.1!
(set-char-table-range char-script-table (cons ?\u19e0 ?\u19ff) 'khmer)
; Make the Khmer text readable
(set-fontset-font t 'khmer (font-spec :name "Khmer OS" :height 20))

Richard.