Re: Control-C conundrum

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Control-C conundrum
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 14:53:35 -0800

* Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> [150604 14:31]:
> Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> writes:
>
> > * William Hatch <willghatch@gmail.com> [150604 07:36]:
> >> Another option you might consider if you have pain is using one of
> >> the modes that let you use 1 key at a time, such as evil (which I
> >> use), god-mode, etc. Then you can completely avoid holding
> >> modifiers, if that contributes to your pain. Also you can try
> >> sticky keys on your OS for similar effects. I don't know if it
> >> helps you, but it helps a lot of people.
> >
> >   That is definitely something I am going to look into as an
> >   alternative. In fact, my other editor (usually lauched from
> >   Midnight Commander) is vim.
>
> Do you use GUI Emacs?  If so, then another possibility is to map the
> keys that can't be mapped in the terminal.  For example, C-; C-' C-#
> etc.

 On the Mac I generally use terminal mode, and on netbooks via ssh I
 am always using terminal mode.

 C-; is the preferred alternative when I use GUI emacs.

> Like other have said, it often easier to use the modifier key at the
> other side of the keyboard.  Also, on desktop keyboards it's often easy
> to hold down ctrl with the knuckle of the smallest finger.
  On the HHL2 keyboard, control is right by my pinky. On the
  netbooks I remap capslock to control via xmodmap so it is in the
  same place.
  thanks
--
Tim