Re: emacs commans output in column mode.

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: emacs commans output in column mode.
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 12:43:49 -0700

<bharat.jhaveri9@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need some help in outputting output of commands in emacs shell mode.
> For example, if I give "df" command in shell, I get nice columnized
> output. But when I give the same "df" command in emacs shell mode, the
> output is not columnized. I am a newbie with emacs, so please give
> detail help how should I customize .emacs file.

I see output in columns either way. As far as I know, no customization
is necessary for that (and I would be surprised if there was, since the
output is already in columns when Emacs gets it).

What version of Emacs are you using and which shell mode are you using
(e.g. M-x shell, M-x eshell)?

And, just as a long shot, is it possible the font you're using in Emacs
isn't monospaced?

--
john