Re: Copy/paste between console and emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Copy/paste between console and emacs
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 23:23:38 +0200

jonetsu <jonetsu@teksavvy.com> writes:

> In 24.4.1, after selecting text in a console window
> (kconsole), the only way to paste it in emacs is to
> use the mouse.  In previous emacs version, I used to
> use Shift-Ins.  Now Shift-ins only works for texte
> selected inside emacs (and between emacs
> instances).  So I've been doing it the 'new way' for
> some time although today, I decided to finally ask
> if it is possible to use Shift-ins for any kind of
> pasting, not only within emacs :)

If this isn't a config issue as has been suggested you
can always check what function the mouse click
triggers. If it is an Emacs function just bind it to
whatever key you wish.

However if this is an window system or desktop issue
there are still many ideas that come to mind, so tell
us again if you don't get it to work.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573