Re: Gnus + emacs.stackexchange

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: Gnus + emacs.stackexchange
Date: Sat, 09 May 2015 17:08:17 +0530

On Fri, May 08 2015,Artur Malabarba wrote:

>> Good luck, that won't een download over here since it uses a version of
>> company that won't download either.  The correct version of company has to
>> be installed on the system before sx.el will even download.
>
> Are you sure? sx.el doesn't depend on company (nor do any of its
> dependencies AFAICT).

That's right.

I don't have company installed.  All I had to do was download from
melpa and it simply worked.

And I did a M-x list-packages just to double check

  company            0.8.12       available  gnu        Modular text completion
framework
  company            0.8.12       available  melpa      Modular text completion
framework
  company-cabal      0.1.1        available  melpa      company-mode cabal
backend
  company-cmake      0.1          available  marmalade  company-mode completion
back-end

and it's not installed on my system.  The problem could be elsewhere.

 sivaram