Re: auctex startup improvements and osx

From: ivowel
Subject: Re: auctex startup improvements and osx
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 20:53:04 -0700 (PDT)

thank you, joost.  there is good advice on the other thread to follow, too.

alas, I also have some useful information to share.  I had my .emacs.d
directory linked to a Dropbox directory, so that multiple hosts could share the
same .emacs.d .  I figured that with the same init.el and the same elpa, as
well as the same OS and emacs version, they should be the same.  I now think
that either the sym-linking or the compilation did something that auctex did
not like, just a little.  not bad enough to mess it up, but not good enough to
continue the startup at normal speed.  if I use fully local directories, it is
fast again.  thanks for the pointers.

best, /iaw