Re: hideshow bug with json-mode

From: Andrew Pennebaker
Subject: Re: hideshow bug with json-mode
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 21:35:07 -0500

Odd, I'm using the latest version of json-mode and still observing the
problem. I'll file a bug.

I wonder if I'm not describing the test case clearly enough. Make sure

* the major-mode is json-mode
* cursor is on line 3, at column 0 or anywhere besides columns 16/17 where
the curly brace lives
* use hs-toggle-hiding
* file contents are:

{
  "name": "dotfiles",
  "repository": {
    "type": "git"
  }
}

On my machine, toggling on line 3 before the curly brace collapses the
parent like this:

{ ... }

which gets nasty in a larger JSON document, when all I want collapsed is
this:

{
  "name": "dotfiles",
  "repository": { ... }
}

System:

$ find $HOME/.emacs.d/.cask -type d -name '*json-mode*'

/Users/andrew/.emacs.d/.cask/24.4.1/elpa/json-mode-20150413.1948

$ emacs --version

GNU Emacs 24.4.1

GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

You may redistribute copies of Emacs

under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com

--
Cheers,
Andrew