Re: [screenshot] Emacs instant colors (and the Elisp full cycle)

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: [screenshot] Emacs instant colors (and the Elisp full cycle)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 20:06:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 8:17:41 AM UTC+5:30, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Rusi  writes:
>
> > The broader picture(s) is fine; I was asking
> > specifically about the fontlock Is it vanilla FL or
> > have you done something to make the name of the
> > facename have the color named? Because it is exactly
> > this kind of 'introspection' that that thread
> > (non)understands
>
> Again, here is the source:
>
>     http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/buffer-menu.el
>
> Use the help system to find out who wrote
> `font-lock-add-keywords' - actually, it is:
>
>     Jamie Zawinski
>     Richard Stallman
>     Stefan Monnier
>
> So I better not try to take credit for that! (gulp)
>
> Seriously man, if the "broad picture" is fine, perhaps
> it is time you focus on them smaller?

When I visit it, it does not do all the colorfulness of your screenshot
And cant load it because there're all sorts of your own requires out there.

Anyways... 'seriously man'... fontlock technicolor is not my priority
So I am not going to iterate over this... unless you give me a version that
splashes my screen with color when called as
$ emacs -Q emanuel-buffer.el

[Or as I said earlier you can put the demo on that python thread yourself]