Re: sending mail using tls using Emacs under Windows

From: Will Parsons
Subject: Re: sending mail using tls using Emacs under Windows
Date: 24 Mar 2015 19:45:29 GMT

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Will Parsons <oudeis@nodomain.invalid>
>> Date: 24 Mar 2015 18:42:43 GMT
>>
>> > I'm guessing you didn't install the GnuTLS library.  Your Emacs was
>> > built with it, but it looks for it at run time and doesn't find it.
>> >
>> > Try installing from here:
>> >

>> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/gnutls-3.3.11-w32-bin.zip/download
>>

>> Anyway, I downloaded it and installed it under c:\ezwinports, and then
>> added c:\ezwinports\bin to the Windows path.
>>
>> Now running gnutls-available-p returns t, but I still get the "Must
>> issue a STARTTLS command first" message when I try to send mail.  Is
>> there something else I have to configure?
>
> Did you try to follow the advice here:
>
>   http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusGmail

Are you referring to any specific advice on that page?  A lot of the
stuff on that page doesn't apply to what I'm trying to do, but I did
try to adding settings for smtpmail-starttls-credentials and
smtpmail-auth-credentials (although I think these are probably
superfluous), but with no change.

--
Will