Re: Automatic flyspell

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Automatic flyspell
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 18:01:47 +0100

Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:

> Flyspell-prog-mode is supposed to check only
> comments and strings. I tried it in C mode just
> before writing my previous post and it seemed to
> only check the strings.

OK, I suspected that since there were two versions.
Yes, that's intelligent but perhaps a bit overkill. It
depends how many strings you have and how poor your
spelling is, I suppose. Unless it comes with a big
overhead it is nothing to worry about.

> In the post you quote though I was giving advice to
> someone who said they wanted flyspell everywhere.

Well, I just thought about it when I saw the
collective prog-mode-hook - you mean I should have
quoted it differently to make explicit the advice was
given to the OP and not you?

Yes, I think it is the right attitude to help people
even though you would have solved the problem in
another way (including degrading it from problem
status). That's what I try to do whenever I can but I
also don't have a problem adding a note what I think
on a larger scale. If I however only would give such
comments that would have been a bad attitude indeed.

--
underground experts united