RE: package not needed to byte-compile

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: package not needed to byte-compile
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 20:00:49 -0800 (PST)

> Is there a way to tell Emacs that package B
> is required to run package A, but not to
> compile package A?   Using (require B)
> causes an error during byte-compilation because the
> package is not available then.

It's not clear (to me) what you're asking.  `require' does not
byte-compile anything.  If A needs B then putting (require 'B)
in A loads B.  That compiles neither A nor B.

If you don't want to compile A, don't compile it.  Likewise, B.

Causes an error during byte compilation of what?  You said
that you do not want to compile A.  What error?

Your question is completely unclear to me.  I suggest that
you start over.  Tell us (a) what you did, specifically,
(b) what happened, specifically, including what error you
saw, and (c) what you expected to happen instead.