Re: Concerning emacsclient cmdline

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: Concerning emacsclient cmdline
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 17:26:32 +0000

Yes, --eval causes all arguments to be interpreted as Lisp expressions. The
following script should work (note that some contraptions are required to
let it deal with all kinds of filenames):

#!/bin/bash

set -o errexit -o nounset -o pipefail

declare -a args=()

for file
do
  # Use base64 encoding to deal with Lisp syntax in file names.
  # No herestring because that appends a newline.
  # No echo to deal with file names starting with dashes.
  encoded="$(printf '%s' "${file}" | base64)"
  args+=("(find-file (base64-decode-string \"${encoded}\"))")
done

emacsclient --eval '(load "/home/harry/.emacs-dir/client2SomeServer.el" t)'