Set emacs as pdf viewer?

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Set emacs as pdf viewer?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:46:40 -0500

It feels silly to ask this but I've been using Okular to view all my pdfs for
so long that I don't know how to switch to using emacs (now that we have the
excellent PDF-Tools package), in particular with Auctex. I use the following to
allow okular, but without it the PDF just opens in some hideous no-name
application.

(setq browse-pdf-generic-program (executable-find "okular"))

How do I make emacs my default PDF viewer for Auctex?