Re: Exception code: 0xc0000006 after waking computer from sleep

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Exception code: 0xc0000006 after waking computer from sleep
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 00:26:14 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 11:06:09 -0800 (PST)
>> From: BobD <daycandle@gmail.com>
> My advice to you would be to update the USB device drivers, and
> perhaps replace the disk itself or the hub.

This is probably one of the large number of resume bugs in USB hardware.
Many USB devices have bugs in resuming from various low-power states.
The so-called "S3 resume" bugs are particularly common.  This is partly
because of inconsistency in the way PCs deal with it.  Some of them turn
off the 5V power supply to the USB devices (Vbus) while others leave it on.
Either choice is valid but some hardware makers only test with it on.

A different disk may fix it, or it may have a similar bug.

It may also be another device connected to USB which has the bug.  Quite
a few USB hubs lie to the USB controller.  They report themselves as being