Set EDE project in project dir

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: Set EDE project in project dir
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 10:36:13 +0100

Hello,

I'm experimenting with ede right now. My main goal so far is to make
semantic finds the includes.

(ede-cpp-root-project "preCICE"
                      :name "preCICE"
                      :file "/home/florian/scratch/la/precice/SConstruct"
                      :include-path '("/src")
                      )

in my .emacs works so far.

Occasionally I copy my project directory somewhere and don't want to
copy/paste this snippet. Is there a way to include this information in
project dir and have ede look it up recursively, just like dir-local.el?

Or use dir-locals to set? I can probably directly set semanticdb-project-
roots in my dir-locals.el, but I want to understand ede before dismissing
it.

There is a Project.ede that is created when using ede-new but I wasn't
really able to figure out what for.
Adding :include-path '("/src") to it yields strange errors when opening the
file. Without it does not fix set my semantic include path. Curious I still
need to open it so that (ede-toplevel-project-or-nil ".") in a subdir of the
project returns non-nil. But why is there an (ede-project-directories (quote
("/home/florian/scratch/la/precice"))) is my .emacs if it shows no effect?

ede-new offers to project type, Make or Automake, mine is scons driven.

Sorry, but I'm a kind of confused....

Thanks!
Florian