Re: Why do themes stack?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: Why do themes stack?
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 14:16:53 +0100

torys.anderson@gmail.com (Tory S. Anderson) writes:

> Why is it implemented this way? Does anyone out there actually gain
> utility from theme stacking? Or am I doing something wrong? I would
> think the simpler implementation would simply to have "load theme"
> automatically disable the present theme, which is both conceptually
> and pragmatically easier. But the manual doesn't seem to mention much
> about themes, so I haven't found an explanation (or possible use) for
> this stacking implementation.

Some people use it for overlaying themes on top of the default theme,
e.g. for different.

You could just do something like this, I guess:

(defun my/load-theme ()
       "call load-theme, but disable all themes first"
       (interactive)
       (call-interactively 'load-theme)
       (mapc 'disable-theme (cdr-safe custom-enabled-themes)))

--
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it