RE: Single quotes in Info

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Single quotes in Info
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 07:54:05 -0800 (PST)

> > As I know you are aware, Eli, this return-to-the-source is not a
> > real solution.  (Ideally) Emacs users themselves should be able
> > (somehow) to choose which chars are used for such display.
> > Remaking Info should not be our only (i.e., final) answer, even
> > if it is such today.
>
> I was enumerating solutions that are available to the OP now.  This
> list is about helping users do whatever they want, not about telling
> Emacs developers what future features they should work on ;-)

My message was an endorsement reply to your own development-oriented
statement:

 ez> Anyway, we should revive bug #13131, and provide an easier
 ez> solution for this particular issue.

And I think it does not hurt users to be reminded that curly
quotes are not as easy to type as straight quotes (with many/most
keyboards), and that Info is about things like search and not
only about display.  Thanks to Marcin for reminding us all.

It is perfectly legitimate to discuss possible new features on
this list, as well as current limitations & possible workarounds.