Re: Advice on studying Emacs Lisp files

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Advice on studying Emacs Lisp files
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 15:44:09 +0100

On 2015-01-15, at 00:30, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

>> > You can bookmark locations, and use annotations for your notes.
>> > If you use Bookmark+ then you can use Org mode for the annotations.
>>
>> ... I will definitely check that out, I had no idea about this
>> functionality.  I'll have to check whether these bookmarks/annotations
>> are somehow visible in the buffer they point to.
>
> If you use Bookmark+ then you can make bookmark locations be highlighted
> in various ways. This is optional.
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus#HighlightingBookmarkLocations

Wow, that is impressive.  I have one problem though: how to
create/edit/view annotations for bookmarks /without/ using the bookmark
list?  I.e., for the bookmark at point or something?

Also, how to set (in init.el) the default way for highlighting
bookmarks?  I'd prefer the "right fringe" style and not the "right
fringe + line" one.

Also, I've set bmkp-crosshairs-flag to t, but cannot see the
crosshairs.  (I have the necessary libraries installed).  This is
probably too vague anyway, I'll try to look into this problem myself.

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University