Re: Getting Emacs Lisp sources in Lubuntu

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Getting Emacs Lisp sources in Lubuntu
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 08:50:33 +0100

On 2015-01-12, at 03:49, Davin Pearson <davin.pearson@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried the following command:
>
> sudo apt-get emacs24
>
> and it installed Emacs for me.
>
> I was wondering how you go about installing the Emacs Lisp source files onto
> my machine.
>
> Please advise me as I am stuck...  At present I have to look at my NTEmacs
> Lisp source files.

You might also consider compiling Emacs.  It's much less intimidating
than I thought, and even not very time consuming (not even on my low-end
netbook - I didn't measure it, but it was definitely much less than an
hour).

Shameless plug: http://mbork.pl/2015-01-03_New_Emacs

HTH,

--
Marcin Borkowski               This email was proudly sent
http://mbork.pl                from my Emacs.