eww using GET for https

From: Simon Friedberger
Subject: eww using GET for https
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 18:21:49 +0100

Hello List!

I am trying to figure out what is going on with my emacs setup at work.

I could not access marmalade and started digging.

By now I have installed the gnutls and libxml2 dlls and set the
http_proxy environment variable to the company proxy.

Now I get an

"Unsupported Request Method and Protocol"

when using

M-x eww
https://www.google.de

So I fired up wireshark and (I may have misread because it's a bit hard
to find the relevant stuff in a wireshark dump but) it looks like emacs
is sending a GET request for the https URL instead of a CONNECT. Now my
networking knowledge is rather limited but that might be wrong.

How should I proceed?

Regards,
Simon