"Follow mode" in Dired?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: "Follow mode" in Dired?
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 02:05:08 +0100

Hello,

I'm pretty sure I read about something like this.  What I mean is
something similar to Org-mode's agenda "follow" mode.  What I'd like to
have is having Dired show me the file point is on in another window
/automatically/, i.e. without hitting C-M-o (dired-display-file).  Also,
a similar thing would be nice for images (so no C-t i is needed),
maybe also in another window.

Any suggestions?

--
Marcin Borkowski