Re: Mark

From: ken
Subject: Re: Mark
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 18:32:29 -0500

On 01/02/2015 05:33 PM, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
On 01/03/2015 12:28 AM, ken wrote:
Yeah, that happens to me too.  That "feature" came into emacs a few
years ago around the same time that some people wanted emacs to act more
like Windows.  If there's a way to turn it off, I'd like to know too.
All I can say is, when you see it happening, do "C-g" to turn  off the
highlighting.  It can happen again.  So you do "C-g" again.  Ad
infinitum.

Both of you, please:

If you still see it happening in the latest Emacs release, and if you
can provide a recipe to reproduce it starting with 'emacs -Q', please
file a bug.

M-x report-emacs-bug, and fill in the details.

Cheers,
Dmitry.

Dmitry,

Are you saying that this "feature" has been rescinded in the latest version? If so, is the "new" behavior back to the way it was ten years ago?