Re: Mark

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Mark
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 00:33:40 +0200

On 01/03/2015 12:28 AM, ken wrote:
Yeah, that happens to me too.  That "feature" came into emacs a few
years ago around the same time that some people wanted emacs to act more
like Windows.  If there's a way to turn it off, I'd like to know too.
All I can say is, when you see it happening, do "C-g" to turn  off the
highlighting.  It can happen again.  So you do "C-g" again.  Ad infinitum.

Both of you, please:

If you still see it happening in the latest Emacs release, and if you can provide a recipe to reproduce it starting with 'emacs -Q', please file a bug.

M-x report-emacs-bug, and fill in the details.

Cheers,
Dmitry.