Re: In emacs 24.4 on Windows 7, runemacs is not able to get rid of the b

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: In emacs 24.4 on Windows 7, runemacs is not able to get rid of the background console window
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 01:01:25 +0100

jerry.asher@gmail.com writes:

[snip]

> I just installed emacs 24.4 and it seems runemacs cannot get rid of
> the background console window.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/qlzEhhT.png
>
> Is anyone else seeing this, and is this a bug, or is there a way to
> suppress that background console window?

The title on the console window makes me think that you are executing
emacs.exe, not runemacs.exe. Try to execute the later by double-clicking
on it from the Windows Explorer. If doing this works as expected, check
the shortcut you use for starting Emacs and that is suppossed to invoke
runemacs.exe.

> If it is a bug, where does it get reported?

M-x report-emacs-bug