Re: Problem Undoing Text Properties In Gnu Emacs 24, Is this a bug?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Problem Undoing Text Properties In Gnu Emacs 24, Is this a bug?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 13:51:42 +0100

gtr289@gmail.com writes:

> The reason I use it is because I've noticed performance issues with
> font-lock-mode on large C/C++ files (which I have some huge
> ones).

I don't use C or C++.  Maybe the issues have been fixed in the meantime.

If performance is still a problem and you can reproduce it with some
files, maybe file a bug report.

> Perhaps I will re-visit font-lock-mode again when I have some time. If
> it can be configured to highlight only comments with good performance,
> I would want to head in that directions..

You would probably need to redefine `font-lock-defaults' variable to do
that.  Have a look at the `c-font-lock-keywords' related stuff in
"cc-fonts.el".

Regards,

Michael.