Looking for good element parser

From: Paul Rankin
Subject: Looking for good element parser
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:44:14 +1000

Hello,

I maintain a package that exports the Fountain screenplay markup to
HTML. Currently it uses text-properties set with font-lock to figure out
what elements are what, but I think this is perhaps not the best
approach.

I've been looking at org-element.el but it's a little overwhelming for
my Jedi skills. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good text
element parser that's maybe a little simpler than org-element.el?

Or, failing that, should I just use `while' through the buffer doing a
`cond' on every element? Seems like overkill...

Thanks :)

--
Paul W. Rankin
http://www.paulwrankin.com